Paris. I still cannot believe I have been to Paris. As long as I can remember, I have dreamed of going to Paris. It was so wonderful! I walked all around Paris. One day, in search of Claude Debussy's grave, we walked an estimate of 12-15 miles. When we finally arrived at the Passy Cemetery, they were closing up. So, we went back the next day, but we took the Metro that time. ;) We also learned that Parisians are not good at giving directions. No matter where you are going, they will alway say "Up and to the right." So, make sure you have someone who knows how to read a map if you ever go to Paris. Otherwise, be prepared to get lost. It is fun to get lost in Paris, though, especially if you are with such an awesome group as I had!
 |
| We picked up our tour guide right when we entered Paris. |
 |
| The buildings were beautiful! |
 |
| Champs-Élysées traffic. You can see the Luxor Obelisk up ahead, which was "given" to the French after their conquest of Egypt. |
 |
| The Louis Vuitton store. |
 |
| The Eiffel Tower |
 |
| There are 72 scientists' names engraved on the Eiffel tower. |
 |
| Our group of about 50 people. |
 |
| At supper with my girlies. From left to right is Shane, Rebekah, Ashlyn, Autumn, Me, and Stephanie. |
 |
| Ashlynn, Autumn, Rebekah, and I shared a room. This is what happened late at night when we got hungry. Everyone would pull out their snacks and we would potluck on the beds and laugh. We were giggly girls at night.... |
 |
| The Academie Nationale de Musique, The National Academy of Music. |
 |
| I did not climb the Eiffel Tower. Instead, I climbed the Arch de Triumph. This is my view from the top. |
Up next.... The Louvre!
No comments:
Post a Comment