Our last days in Noirmoutier were a blur. We biked around the town, performed, spent tons of money, made lots of memories. Leaving was hard. I honestly felt like I was leaving home. Noirmoutier captured my heart. I will never forget my wonderful time there. I am ready to go back!
 |
| We saw this a lot... In fact, we saw 2, and 3 in pace of that 0 just as much.... Rooming with your best friend who you've known longer than you haven't is really good for sleep deprivation. The next morning, we wouldn't remember half of what was said. All we remember is laughing and enjoying every second. |
 |
| We made the paper!! |
 |
| A round-a-bout was renamed Rond-Point de Crestview, so we were invited to the ceremony. |
 |
| The Super-U, the French Walmart. ;) |
 |
| The chocolate selection. heaven!! |
 |
| Rebekah and I *finally* bought gelato. Oh.My.Goodness.Gracious.Me. IT IS INCREDIBLE!!!! |
When we returned from our shopping spree at the market (I spent way to much money probably, but, hey! I'll never be in Noirmoutier for the first time ever again! ;)), Rebekah and I each found this on our beds:
 |
Fleur de sal, Nutella, Kinder bars, Snickers, Chocolate, a Noirmoutier bag....
|
 |
| (inside the red paper bag) a N.O. (Noirmoutier) wood keychain, and.... |
 |
| (inside the little paper bag) My personal favourite, a Noirmoutier necklace. Little did they know, Rebekah and I had been looking for these, but had been told they had to be custom made. I was speechless when this little treasure fell into my hands. (Ask Rebekah; I truly was gasping for words.) |
 |
| After our last performance, there were lots of group pictures, |
 |
| hugs, and even a few tears. |
 |
| Our host mom and dad took us on a little drive to see La Plage de Dame at night. |
 |
| And then we had to come home to pack. This was my room while I was attempting to pack before the performance. I had absolutely no motivation so it was very slow going. |
 |
| And finally, late at night, my bags were packed. I believe it was about two in the morning when I finally was done. |
 |
| This was the cleanest my room ever was. |
 |
| The next morning, before we left, we gave our last gift to the Coutauds. |
 |
| Monsieur André instantly put on the Crestview shirt we gave him. |
 |
| We really didn't want to go. |
 |
| I was crying. Lots. It really felt like home, and the Coutauds felt like family. Rebekah and I constantly commented to each other that we felt like we were with grandparents. |
 |
| The people of Noirmoutier lined the streets to wave goodbye. Lots of tears on my part were shed. |
Up Next..... Chartres Cathedral!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment