On Monday, we had a group picnic at the beach. We gathered at another host house across the street for appetizers and drinks.
 |
| They called everyone to the middle to try to get a picture. It was so hilarious to see five people squeezing into a small staircase to get a picture! |
 |
| Ashlyn, Autumn, Rebekah (holding Gino), and myself. Gino was quite the celebrity. |
 |
| Everyone spread out on the rocks for the picnic. |
 |
| Yes, we had proper plates, forks, knives, spoons, and cups. |
 |
| Rice, shrimp, peppers, fish, tomatoes, and bread! |
 |
| Plus, roast chicken. |
 |
| Oh.My.Goodness.Gracious.Me. Chocolate Pudding in France is *incredible*!! |
 |
| It is so chocolaty and wonderful. |
 |
| Tristan tried to excavate a big rock. |
 |
| But, this was as far as it got. |
 |
| A couple people decided to go swimming. It was freezing just sticking my feet in! |
 |
| This sweet puppy *loved* the waves. We have no idea who he belonged to, but he didn't leave the beach while we were there. |
 |
| After eating, the girls and I decided to go on a little walk to see a German Blockhouse nearby. |
 |
| The view was beautiful! |
 |
| Too picturesque a venue to not take pictures. |
 |
| On top of the blockhouse! |
 |
| Beautiful! |
 |
| I jumped from the top. It was fun. |
 |
| We climbed around on the rocks and took pictures for a bit. |
 |
| I have a feeling this may be the back of the supposed abbey from our bike ride! Somewhere in our conversations, someone (not mentioning any names....) commented, "I don't want to become a nun. I want to get married and have babies!" |
 |
| Pretty little gate. |
 |
| Veni, Vedi, Vichi: I came, I saw, I conquered. |
 |
| And then the waves conquered. |
 |
| I like to call this the "Evolution." picture |
 |
| Here's the good one. |
 |
| A local caught crabs and packed them up for supper! |
 |
| And then Ashlyn, Autumn, and Rebekah insanely decided to go swimming as well. |
 |
| I told the girls to "look cute" so I could take a picture. Rebekah responded, "I'm always cute." |
 |
| We walked more on the rocks and collected more shells. |
 |
| The water rushed through this area. |
 |
| Aren't they just adorable! |
Next up... soaking up the last days in Noirmoutier.
No comments:
Post a Comment