In my younger school years, I studied Impressionist paintings and, therefore, gained a love for them. Some of my favorite painters are Renoir and Degas, whose paintings are largely displayed in the Musée d’Orsay. When I heard that it was a “Modern Art Museum,” I envisioned Picasso and abstract art. How pleasantly surprised I was when I learned of the vast collection of Impressionist Art displayed there. (You must excuse the poor quality of my pictures. My camera died on me. I was quite distressed....)
 |
| The museum building was once a train station. |
 |
| This huge clock is a piece of art itself! |
 |
| Who knew train stations could be so beautifully decorated? |
When I realized my mistake, I quickly separated from my small group, once again, wandering the galleries in awe. As I cherished my time before the museum closed, I spotted a few of my favorite paintings, ones I had no idea were housed there.
 |
|
Renoir’s Two Girls at a Piano drew me like a magnet, unable to believe I was seeing it in person.
|
 |
|
Likewise with Degas’ Little Dancer
|
 |
| And his Dance Class |
 |
| This might be another Dance Class. |
 |
|
Monet’s Woman with a Parasol
|
 |
| Two of them! |
 |
| One of his infamous garden paintings. |
 |
|
Renoir’s The Swing. I have fond memories of picture study during tea time with this painting.
|
 |
|
I was indignant when I saw a woman touching the frame of a Van Gogh painting, astonished at her lack of respect for the artwork.
|
 |
| For all of you Doctor Who fans, this is the painting with the monster in the window. Thanks to the Doctor, I did not see the monster in this painting. |
 |
| There were other beautiful paintings I saw as well. |
We were part of the last group to leave the museum. I was almost dragged out of there. It was so wonderful to see my favourite masterpieces; it was definitely worth my screaming feet.
Up next.... Giverny, home of Claude Monet!
No comments:
Post a Comment