Being a lover of Claude Monet’s work, having the opportunity to visit Giverny was thrilling. Monet’s taste in landscape was impeccable. My passion for the beauty caused me to loose the group for a while, but, while I was uncomfortable with being alone in a crowd, I enjoyed the ability to wander at will.
| The house and garden of Claude Monet. |
I recognized the sites of many of Monet’s famous paintings:
|
the Japanese Bridge...
|
|
the pond of water lilies...
|
|
row boats tethered near a shading tree.
|
| Monet's home. |
| We got to walk through the house and look into the rooms! |
| His kitchen table was huge! |
My only quam was the number of visitors. I was quite tempted to pull a Richard Halliburton and stay overnight simply to enjoy the gardens in solitude.
Next up... Notre Dame!
No comments:
Post a Comment