Sarah’s daddy had just picked her up from school when she asked
“ Daddy, my geography teacher said that there were invisible lines in the world. Is that true?”
“Yes Sarah. Do you know what those lines are called?”
“ The long line across the middle…. Daddy she also said the world was round. Is that true?”
“Yes Sarah!” he chuckled, “the world is round. Now please finish answering my question.”
“The long line across the center of the world is called the Equator which divides the world in to two parts the Southern Hemisphere and the northern Hemisphere spelled H-E-M-I-S-P-H-E-R-E. And the long lines going down are longitude, like looong. The long- daddy do I have to keep saying long?” Daddy nodded no so she went on “The lines going across are called latitude. I don’t know why though. She didn’t tell us. Guess what Daddy? I learned the seven continents. The two America-”
She was cut off by her father; “What are their names?”
“North America and South America. Asia, Europe and Australia. And finally Antarctica. The oceans-”
“Whoa there horsy. Who said you knew those too!”
“No-one. But, as I was saying, ahem, the oceans are- The Atlantic, The Pacific, The Indian, The Artic and The Southern Ocean.”
“What’s the Southern Ocean?”
“The new one.”
“My five year old knows more than I do! Well here we are. You don’t have to do any geography homework today, unless it is due tomorrow.”
“Yes sir. Can we have a snack when we get inside?”
“Yes, get out now.”
No comments:
Post a Comment