One of the highlights of my time in London was touring with the Chapmans, a dear British family who was at the PC with us. When I found out that I was going to be in London, I emailed them asking if it was possible for us to meet, and they made arrangements to make the trip from Bristol to London. It was absolutely wonderful getting to see them again and meet the newest addition to the family, Toby. They were so kind to me and Rebekah, standing out in the cold rain to watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and traipse around London with us.
 |
| Such a sweet family! |
 |
| It was quite wet.... |
 |
| Umbrellas were everywhere! We experienced a normal London day, I suppose.... ;) |
 |
| We were fortunate to have a space right in front of the gate. |
 |
| The guards and band walked right past us! |
 |
| Number 1 on Rebekah's wish list was Westminster Abbey. |
 |
| They were so kind to allow us to tour the Abbey, despite the cost. |
 |
| It was beautiful! |
 |
| Noah, Beth, and Toby were champions! They even earned a chocolate coin by filling out a children's tour booklet! |
 |
On the right (in the back) you can see a tall building called the Shard.
 |
| And, this is the Gherkin. |
After Westminster, we began making our way to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and were unable to tour the Tower, but we did get to see it up close.
|
 |
| Somehow, I did not manage to get a picture of Me and Beth.... But, here is me with Noah... |
 |
| And, little Toby! |
And thus, concludes my memoir's of two weeks of heaven. I returned with a full heart, and full bags (I am told that due to our large group, we were given a bit of leverage on weight! I'm pretty sure my bag was about a half kilo less that the limit... My shoulder would say it was more. ;)) Yes, this trip met my expectations; indeed, it far exceeded anything I could have imagined. It has been an experience I will not, nay, could not forget. Standing in the presence of such masterpieces and engaging in their lingering history fill
ed me with wonder and awe. Touring and wandering streets with friends— some old, some new, some I haven't seen in a long time, and some I see so regularly, to not see them is odd—gave me so many memories that will stay with me forever. My time in France and England was incredible. I can't wait to do it again!
“To move, to breathe, to fly, to float,
To gain all while you give,
To roam the roads of lands remote,
To travel is to live.”
~ Hans Christian Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment