For school I was supposed to write a paragraph using a picture and it's caption. This was my picture.
My caption was He had warned her about the book. Now it was too late. I started writing a book, not just a paragraph. I haven't said anything about it, but I finally decided to put a part of my story every few days or so. I will leave you in suspense! Here is the first part.Untitled (Okay, so if you are confused, don't be. The story will explain itself.)
by Grace Brown
Dedicated to:
My family and friends. Also to my Lord and Savior; thank You, God, for giving me the ability to write. I will try to write for Your Glory!
Mr Richard Linden was very famous for his large library. It was so large he had to turn the whole third floor into the library floor! He was the richest man in town. His sister Elsie Winchester was very proud of him and would sometimes send her children over to his house during vacations.They would read about two books a week and never tire!
One week in May Elsie sent her only daughter to his house. She had spent many vacations with her brothers, but this was her first time alone. She loved to read and thought this was the very best way to spend her vacation.
Once she was moved in her uncle brought her to his newest up-date: and elevator! She pressed the "3" and was entranced to see that she was flying through the air! (Really the building's walls were painted and the elevator had glass walls.) Once in the library she followed him to the nearest table. There were many different genres: biographies, histories, plays, children's and much more. Richard would pay hundreds of dollars for a book he didn't have. One book looked very odd. It was leather bound with a gold floral border around the edge. She searched the book very closely but couldn't find a title.
"Uncle Richard, what is this book? I can't seem to find a title."
"Let me see," taking the book in his hands Richard gave it a scrutinizing search. "I really don't know. I was told that it was an odd book. Although I can't quite recall what the lady who gave it to me said, I do remember that one must be very careful with it. She was very serious about it too. I'm not sure what to think."
Just then the clock struck 6:00 P.M. and he remarked that it was time for supper. Gingerly placing the book down he walked to the elevator.
"Yes, sir. I'll be right down." She picked the book up and was about to open it when a scream scared her. It sounded like it came from the book. Did that come from where I think it came from? she wondered. She practically dropped the book in her fright! As she pressed the down button on the elevator she wondered if she should tell her uncle. "No I was just dreaming.
Stay tuned!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment