I wish this day had never come. Last night at about 6:30ish we had to say goodbye to our dearHanky Panky. After the surgery he was doing great, but right after supper he started to flinch and then he was shaking like crazy. Dad tried to calm him down, but he just couldn't do it. Mammacalled the animal hospital to tell them that our dog, who had just had surgery at noon, was having a seizure. The lady on the phone said that if it lasted more than five minutes go to them directly. After about five minutes, he wasn't any better. Dad sat in the back with Hank and Mamma drove, with Jane Ellen beside her. A little while later Daddy said that he couldn't feel Hank. THey turned around and found out that he had died. We are going to bury Hank today behind my window. I am keeping his collar. Please keep us in your prayers.
2 comments:
This is so hard.......he will be missed, he's just always there, smiling, wagging and sitting on our feet. I know one little Italian Greyhound who is very happy to have her big black nephew with her in doggie heaven........
It will get easier, Gracie. Right now I am still in so much shock. I forget that anything has changed until I expect to see/hear him. Then I remember, and yet cannot fathom life without him. It's such a strange sensation. I keep on waiting for myself to wake up from this dream, and he will be waiting for me...
Let us be grateful for what God gave us -- last moments with him, memories of nine happy years, and peace in the knowledge that he has no more pain now.
~JE
Post a Comment